Thursday 6 December 2012

Homemade Oat Milk

My first try at making oat milk! After referring to some great blogs online, I ordered in some muslin cloths and got onto trying this morning!

Soaked some organic rolled oats in filtered water for a few minutes before pouring it into our blender for a bit of a wizz. I added a tablespoon of Agave Syrup and a pinch of salt. After the oats became pulpy, I strained the mixture with a muslin cloth... and in it went into jars!
 Strong "oat" taste unlike the cartoned ones. Mmmm.. surprised at how easy and relatively mess free the whole process was. Now they're ready in the fridge for our bircher and protein shakes! :)
The remaining pulp ... product - oat milk and raw ingredient- oats!
I am excited to experiment more! 

And to use the pulp for some cookies or odd balls tonight :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment